UltraEdit Text editor: The #1 selling, most powerful, value priced text editor.
What can you use UltraEdit for...
UltraEdit is an award-winning text editor. CNET/Download.com says about UltraEdit: "With its clear layout and powerful project and work-space features, it can handle complex and sophisticated software-development projects. But despite its vast range of features, UltraEdit never feels overwhelming. It's flexible and easy to customize, and the polished user interface provides easy access to the most important options..."
- 64-bit file handling (for files of 4+ GB) on both 32-/64-bit Windows platforms (Win XP and later)
- Unicode support
- Disk based text editing and large file handling, minimum RAM used even for multi-megabyte files
- Multiline find and replace dialogs for all searches (Find, Replace, Find in Files, Replace in Files)
- Spell checker and localization support for 80+ languages including American English, British English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish and Swedish)
- Free integrated file compare utility (UC Lite), or full integration with UltraCompare Professional
- Syntax highlighting and code folding - configurable, pre-configured for C, C++, VB, HTML, Java, and Perl, with special options for FORTRAN and LaTex. Multiple wordfiles available for download
- Tag matching for XML and HTML open and close tags
- FTP client and browser
- Includes support for SFTP and FTPS (Control only, Control and data, Implicit)
- Ability to set a remote (server based) or local (Perl regex based) filter (provides filtering ability for SFTP)
- Advanced proxy support and SSL certificate handling
- (Optional) local default directory for each FTP account
- SSH/Telnet window
- XML Manager with parsed XML tree view, plus ability to move/delete/modify nodes and reformat XML
- Function list with tree-style view of functions, parameters, variables, properties, etc.
- Project/workspace support
- Environment Selector - Provides predefined or user-created editing environments that remember the state of all of UltraEdit's dockable windows, toolbars and more for user convenience.
- Integrated scripting language to automate tasks
- Configurable keyboard mapping
- Column/block mode editing
- Hexadecimal editor allows editing of any binary file, shows binary and ASCII view
- Code completion and auto-expanding text with Smart Templates
- Automatic completion of XML and HTML tags
- HTML toolbar pre-configured for popular HTML functions
- WebSearch Toolbar: highlight text and click a websearch toolbar button to search for highlighted term from within the editor
- File encryption / decryption
- Integration with UltraSentry to securely delete UltraEdit temporary files
- Multi-byte support with integrated IME support
- And... UltraEdit is now available for Mac and Linux!
Check out UltraEdit's full feature list.